We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and specifically the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act. We are also bound by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) if you are an individual located in the European Union (EU Customer).
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- to provide you with products and/or services you have ordered or purchased;
- to process your payments and any relevant refund or exchange of products;
- to administer your customer account and our rewards program;
- to market our products and services, including sending promotional material and administering competitions;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints or to provide information requested by you;
- to investigate crime, fraud or similar activities and to a comply with any obligations we may have at law; and
- for any other purpose advised to you at the time of collection and to which you consent.
We may also use and disclose personal information for other purposes which would be reasonably expected by you.
The kinds of personal information we may collect or which we may hold about you include:
- your name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- your username and password for your online account;
- CTTV or other surveillance device images of you when you visit our store;
- your credit card or other payment/financial information;
- information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your location and websites visited
- information about the products you view or purchase on our website;
- details of the products you have enquired about;
- information you provide to us directly through our website or instore, or indirectly through your use of our website;
- information you provide to us through competitions or other promotional activities;
- other information you may make publicly available online (including but not limited to information on social media platforms); and/or
- other information that you may provide to us from time to time or that we may when providing our services to you.
We may collect personal information about you in a number of ways in the normal course of providing services instore and online. Where possible, we collect personal information directly from you. We collect information directly from you when you:
- use our website or purchase products or services from us;
- join our mailing list or create an account with us;
- request a refund, return or exchange;
- lay-by products or place products on hold;
- provide feedback, enter a competition or through other promotional activities;
- enter our premises;
- communicate with us for any reason; or
- otherwise supply personal information to us.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf.
We do not accept or knowingly collect or process personal information of customers under the age of 16 without the consent of a parent or guardian.
Like many websites, we may also collect personal information through the use of ‘cookies’. Cookies are small text files transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise visitors and remember their activity. Cookies provide us with information about customer behaviour such as the date and time of your visit, the pages you view and the products you purchase.
Your web browser may offer settings to disable and/or delete all cookies used on our website. If you do disable cookies, our website may not operate as expected and you may not be able to access certain functions and deleting cookies may result in previous preferences expressed using this browser, such as your account log-in being forgotten.
We also use third party analytics cookies including Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help measure how users interact with our website and also to deliver targeted advertisements to users of our website. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website. You can find out how Google Analytics uses data when you use our website, at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. If you would like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, please click here.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, company officers or any related bodies corporate;
- third party service providers and/or contractors, including but not limited to:
- payment service providers;
- manufacturers or distributors of our products;
- promotional partners;
- website providers; and
- law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies.
We may also have arrangements with third party organisations for the promotion and marketing of our products on their websites. When you access our website through one of these third party websites or content and purchase products from us, we may disclose your personal information to these third parties in order to comply with any contractual obligations we may have.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes in connection with providing requested information or services to you, or for the purpose of improving our services.
We may disclose personal information we collect and hold about you to third parties not in Australia. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas third party suppliers or contractors deal with personal information securely however some of these jurisdictions may have less protective privacy and data laws.
We may send you marketing communications and information about our services or the services of our third party service providers. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time by using the unsubscribe button found in the emails you receive from us.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is protected from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol systems which encrypt information as it is transferred over the internet.
We will keep your personal information only for as long as required for our business purposes and otherwise as required by law. Where we no longer need to keep your personal information for a permitted purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
If you are an EU Customer, we will only engage data processes to process information on the basis that they will comply with the requirements under the GDPR and have safeguards in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
Generally, you can deal with us anonymously. However, in certain circumstances, if you choose to remain anonymous we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services to you.
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer whose details are set out below. We may require you to provide proof of your identity before providing such information. You may also request we correct any personal information we hold about you.
If you are located in the European Union, you have additional rights under the GDPR. These additional rights include:
- access to your information and details about how the information is used;
- correction or completion of your information;
- restriction on the use of your information, including objecting to the use or processing of your information or withdrawing your consent to use your information; and
- having your information “erased”, unless we are obliged to keep storing it.
If you have a privacy enquiry or concern, you can contact us. We will endeavour to respond to your enquiry or concern expeditiously and within a reasonable timeframe.
If we are unable to resolve your concern, you can contact us directly to discuss the matter further or lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner who can be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au, email@example.com or by calling 1300 363 992.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted on the details below:
Post: Shop 2087A / 1239 Nepean Highway, Cheltenham 3192 Victoria, Australia
Phone: +61 03 8522 1444
Policy updated - October 2021